Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Work

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post titled "Happy Jason." I could use that same title again for this post. Jason happily spent a couple of hours on our old Kubota lawnmower today. He mowed along the driveway and around the hay barns. I didn't realize how thick and tall the grass was in some areas.

The weather was what I could consider glorious today. 80 degrees with a very light breeze under a bright blue sky. At one point Jason went to hold my hand today and immediately bust out with "your hand isn't cold!!" No, my hands weren't cold AND I was wearing a short sleeved t-shirt. I must add that I love the shirt I was wearing today. One of our clients saw shirts with a fainting goat on them and knew we would go crazy over them (and she was right). Jason and I each have a t-shirt with an upside down fainted fainting goat on it. How can you have a bad day wearing a t-shirt with a fainted fainting goat on it??

While Jason was on the lawnmower and then getting the manure spreader serviced and ready to use I was eating a lot of horse hair. I had my shedding blade in action for much of the day today. Every shedding season I get calluses on my hands from using the shedding blade so much and I'm well on my way to them this season. All in all it was a great day on the farm and Jason and I were both quite happy with our respective tasks.

_______________________________


Jason loves to mow on the old Kubota that won't die - and hopefully never dies!!

Jason had things to do, no more time for pictures . . .

'tis the season when you can always tell where a grey horse has rolled

George and Gus

Grand and Apollo

Trigger and Homer were playing

Trigger decided to bite Homer's leg

unsurprisingly Homer objected to that move

so Trigger decided to back into Homer instead

Johnny, Stormy and Tiny

Calimba and MyLight wandering in for breakfast

Silver, Romeo and Chimano

Renny and Sebastian


4 comments:

EvenSong said...

All those pictures of beautiful, happy horsies, and not a single one of fainted-fainting-goat-T-shirt? I wanna see!

SmartAlex said...

If our weater keeps up, Tim will be mowing soon. So far, his record is April 1st. Let's see if he breaks it this year.

Vivian, Apollo's Mom said...

The place looks beautiful- love that gorgeous fencing!

jenj said...

Haha, I love the picture of where the grey horses rolled. I have a couple of those spots too... sort of looks like something bad happened there, you know?