Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend in Pictures

I had a very quiet weekend. Jason was away and will not be back for a few more days. We had light rain off and on Saturday so I had a pretty quiet day, just doing the basics of feeding, cleaning stalls, etc. Today (Sunday) was unusually cool for this time of year with a high of only 64 degrees and a brisk wind. I thought the horses would be really frisky and full of themselves at feeding times today but they were very copacetic and zen-like. I had a super exciting day scrubbing water troughs, replenishing salt blocks, grooming a few horses and rebedding stalls. I did manage to take quite a few pictures over the last few days which I will go ahead and share. My weekend was so quiet there just isn't anything else to say about it - not that I'm complaining about that!

Bubba the goat illustrating the fact that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Why he insisted on contorting himself under the fence to nibble at the weeds on the other side by the gate instead of turning around and grazing on the lush grass behind him is a mystery to me.
Quiet grazing; Faune, Winston, Sebastian, Asterik, TrillionSilky, Lucky and Snappy
Harmony, Buffy and Missy
Elfin and Leo were on the move . . .
. . . to a different grazing spot
Lightening, Clay and Teddy
Traveller in the front, Sparky in the back with O'Reilly, Bridget, Lexi and Bonnie in the middle
Sparky decided it was nap time
He heard me coming and sat up
Bonnie and Bridget
Happy group of grazing horses
I hope to have a retirement this nice
Levendi, Elfin and Dustin
Tony and Baby
Harmony found me very interesting for some reason; the horses usually ignore me unless it is a meal time or they see a plastic bag (treats) in my hands and neither was the case
Then she snorted at me and starting trotting around
Trying to get Buffy to understand what was so incredibly interesting about me
Cuff Links with grass up to his stomach; the grass (and the weeds for that matter) is getting very tall in places
Bush was keeping an eye on things
Mr. O'Reilly
Traveller
Bonnie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure were busy for a quiet weekend. Peaceful horse pictures - very relaxing! I see that Cuffie's started putting on some weight already!

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend to me! Quiet time, a ton of horses to enjoy, photograph, groom and care for....what else would a horse girl want? LOL! That's our life every weekend here pretty much! With the exception that my husband is here....when the kids were young, was like I was a single parent he traveled on business. It would never fail that some major catastrophic event would take place while gone too! Now we're not set up so that he can travel often but he does want to take a fishing vacation with his buddies so maybe that will get him moving on building some fence for easier turnouts.....or not. Photos were great and my favorite horses are the white/gray? What kind are they?

raphycassens said...

Cuffie is turning into a fattie! :)

Java's Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Java's Mom said...

oh boy do those horses have the life! and, darn nice grooming job i'd say, very nice, you must have done bonnie and bridget, they look super spiffy.

JustSayNeigh! said...

This is actually HorseeCrazy23 commenting on my anti slaughter/abuse groups name-Visit our blog! anyways, Cuffie's a fatty, lol! he's happy though, and if he's not too fat, he's fine!