Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekend Update and Another Happy Birthday

First of all, everyone was able to "name that gray" in the last post. It was indeed Sebastian, the connemara/irish draught cross. He is adorable and has the cutest personality to go along with his looks.

Jason and I had a busy but very nice weekend. Jason worked hard Friday and Saturday to finish up all of the bush hogging that needed to be done. He was very glad to finish that job on Saturday, service the bush hog, and put it away for at least a few weeks. He then followed that up with everyone's favorite job around here, fence board repair. Have I mentioned lately how much I dislike wood fencing?? Friday was also farrier day so we had constant activity around here all day.

Sunday was especially fun because we spent the afternoon celebrating my grandfather's 92nd birthday! He has been blessed not only with a long life but amazing health and he still takes a big trip every year. He has travelled around the world and continues to do so. I hope I inherited not only his longevity and health but also his passion for living. He is an amazing man, the nicest person you could ever meet and is loved by many. Happy Birthday Grandaddy!
I'm going to wrap this up with a few pictures and head to bed. It has been a fun but long weekend and I'm ready for some sleep!
Jason and I with my Grandfather Grandaddy blowing out his candles; my sister is in the background and her three kids are helping with the candles
Trillion and Sebastian enjoying a grooming session
Jason cleaning up the bush hog; I parked my equipment, the Kubota utility vehicle and my DR Power Grader next to his equipment. My equipment looked very small and "girly" next to the big tractor and bush hog!
Tony's summer coat is beautiful and doesn't show up as well as I wanted it too in this picture. It is a deep, rich red chestnut color. His mane and tail have a lot of red in them as well.
A typical scene (the gray in this picture is Lightening the Arabian by the way!)
Silky aka Slinky
Clay
Chili and Lucky
MyLight has made it out to the "big" field from the paddock. She's been pretty enamored with all of the space and with the geldings on the other side of the fence!
Cuff Links in his usual position, head down and grazing. With the grass mowed you can see all of him again! He still plays with the big boys over the fence a lot as well.
Winston and Trillion
Apollo and Leo having a grooming session

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice that you still have your grandfather with you!

Wood fencing - ugh! But it's very attractive and quite safe if well-maintained, so I guess it'll do!

Love the pictures of happy horses!

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Love the photo of the three of you! Both of my grandmothers lived to be 94 and grandfathers age 72...interesting they both died at the same ages.

Looks like you had a very productive weekend. I think your farm equipment looks just beautiful the way it is! Especially... when you do not have any to work with at all! Have a great week!

ZionFarm said...

You and your sister really favor each other, at least from what I can tell in the picture. What a wonderful thing to have your grandfather around living in good health!

Great pictures as always. The farm looks beautiful and the horses happy.:)