Sunday, April 8, 2012

Reverse

Jason mentioned in a post last week that spring has been on fast forward this year. In fact in some ways it was almost like we skipped spring and went straight to summer. Our daily highs were consistently in the low to mid 80's for the last few weeks.

It seems we have now hit the reverse button for a few days. We had a cold front move in on Friday evening, exactly as I predicted since I went ahead and started to body clip the regulars that I clip every year. Although the use of the word cold is relative as our highs dropped from the 80's down to the mid 60's to mid 70's and will stay there for a few days. As everyone knows I am built for heat and not cold, and Jason is the opposite. He's been quite happy the last couple of days. On the other hand I have been back in my sweatshirts. We look like quite the odd couple walking around the farm. Jason has on shorts and a t-shirt while I have on pants, a long sleeved t-shirt and a sweatshirt. He still wants to turn on the air conditioning in the car when it is 65 degrees outside. My comment yesterday was "are you trying to turn the car into a deep freeze?" We had briefly abandoned our thermostat wars but we are back to battling it out for control of the thermostat again.

___________________________________

I would like to thank everyone for all of the kind comments in regards to the passing of my horse Hoffy. So many people have taken the time to comment here on the blog, on our facebook page, or via email and I can't express how much each and every one means to me. Hoffy and I had been together for a long time and I'm still having trouble adjusting to his absence. I'm one of those people that likes to clean when I'm upset (you know, the whole control thing - you feel out of control so you start cleaning so you can control your environment). I was cleaning out my desk today and found some pictures that I had forgotten about, buried deep in a drawer, of Hoffy and I at a show. I sat and stared at those pictures for a long time today.

_____________________________________

Johnny, Sam and Murphy

Murphy and Johnny

Lotus, George and Fonzi

Lotus and Fonzi

Faune and Winston

foggy early morning view before the sun was up

hanging out in the morning fog; Sam, Murphy, Wiz, Chili, Fuzzy, Renny, B-Rad and Darby

Moe and Grand having a grooming session


the grooming left Grand with a moustache of Moe's hair

Chance and Leo

Thomas and Hemi

No comments: