Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cat Got Your Tongue ?

I think this may well go down as the quietest week we've ever had in our household. No, we didn't decide to go sotto voce, at least not intentionally, although we might now that we know how it can be. On Tuesday I came down with some sort of virus that features some nasal congestion and a really, really sore throat and just as I was starting to feel better Melissa came down with the same malady. I never lost my voice entirely but it was close. Melissa on the other hand is down for the count and pretty silent. On the plus side, I learned for the first time that the horses will come at feeding time if you wave your arms around long enough.


I wonder if we should learn American sign language so if this happens again we'll be able to communicate with one another ? ( Melissa just read this and she communicated very clearly with a universally understood sign. )


Please enjoy some pictures while we attempt to find our voices this week.


Thomas napping with Moe and Apollo nearby

Sam

Grand

Toledo and Kennedy

Tony and Baby

Trigger

our visitor that watches us every morning


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And they say silence is golden . . .

amy324 said...

"if you wave your arms around long enough" ha ha ha My back-up methods are whistling (very hard to do in the cold, and it involves putting my nasty-tasting fingers in my mouth), and banging a metal piece of the halter against the metal gate. The down-side of these methods is, whoever is trying to ride in the arena at the time is silently plotting your death. Also, it once brought my dog on the run from a locked room in the barn. She *really* didn't want to disobey.

Karen V said...

Just a thought in case you ever find yourself with nothing write about...

I have been following for a while, but I have NO CLUE how many horses you care for, nor do I know their stories. The other day I notice a picture where the horse appeared to be missing an eye.

I think it would be cool if you could list the horses, a picture of each, and a summary of each.

...since you have nothing else going on... ;0)

Calm, Forward, Straight said...

Hope you two are back to 100% soon!

Vivian, Apollo's Mom said...

Hope you two feel better soon! You made me chuckle as I remembered that Pete had polyps removed from his larynx several years ago and he COULD NOT TALK for over a week. I thought it was funny. He thought it was horrible. I supplied him with pen and paper but he refused to use it and resorted to grunting and squealing as best he could to get my attention. He was NOT a good patient...

Equine Mum said...

Great equestrian blog! Why not come over to Haynet an Equine Social Blogging Network and post your blog there too for more to follow? Come and have a look at http://hay-net.co.uk/