Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Vet Visits

Jason and I are both recovering our voices and things are much louder around here again. It has been a busy couple of weeks so a couple of days of relative silence weren't such a bad thing. I've mentioned before that we go through periods where we have no need to see our talk to our vet for weeks at a time. I remember fondly when we were in one of those periods this summer. Since he had not heard from us in quite awhile our vet called me to ask jokingly if we had by chance started working with a different clinic. Hopefully he will feel the need to make a similar inquiry in the future as that has not been the case the last couple of weeks.


Thankfully it has all been manageable things but we've seen our vet more days than we have not as of late. We've had an interesting range of issues to address from a horse with a small tumor on his sheath that needed to have a biopsy to a mild gas colic to a small puncture wound and everything in between. Some phrases that have gone through my head lately have been "I'm not a vet but I play one on the farm" to "I'm not a vet but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night."


I love our vet and the clinic we work with (Tennessee Equine Hospital) but here's to hoping we will not need to avail ourselves of their services in the near future!





Alex napping with Lighty and Darby hanging out




Levendi




Grand grazing and Ivan waking up from a snooze




Sam on the move




Sebastian





Gus must have had a very long night






Largo, new face on the farm





Largo having the new experience of sharing his hay with a fainting goat (Miss Lyle)






two more new faces Walden (chestnut) and Fabrizzio (bay)







1 comment:

SmartAlex said...

I have bestowed on you the Beautiful Blogger Award. Please visit the Grey Horse blog for details.