Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! As usual on the holidays we worked today. It was a beautiful day in middle Tennessee and I was appreciative to be out enjoying the day and working with the horses. As I walked around the farm this morning feeding and doing chores I took some time to really admire the views which are much easier to see these days with the trees missing their leaves. I am blessed to own and work in such a beautiful place (although I will admit to complaining about it on rainy days).

I have so much in my life and much to be thankful for. I have far too many people in my life who deserve to be thanked individually, but if you are reading this thank you for all the support, either virtually or in "real life." I have many blessings, and today was a beautiful day to appreciate all of them.

________________________________________

As I walked along the driveway from the back of the farm towards the front I was very thankful for this view

Maisie, Cinnamon, Norman, MyLight and Calimba coming on the run for Thanksgiving breakfast


Tony was pretty fascinated with our visitor yesterday

Lucky and O'Reilly having a nice Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving breakfast: Chili, Murphy, B-Rad, Sam, Lighty, Clay, Renny

another Thanksgiving meal; Hoffy, Sparky the donkey, Bonnie, Sky and Miracle

B-Rad says he his thankful to be back

Fabrizzio, Walden, Thor and Noble

Romeo, Chimano, Faune and Winston

Silver

Fuzzy and Sebastian

5 comments:

amy324 said...

Along the lines of complaining about rainy days, it never fails - when I mention that I work outside, people always respond with, "Wow, that must be great." Sometimes I respond by mentioning 35 degrees and raining, boot sucking mud, sub-zero and above 100 temps, and ticks and mosquitoes. Other times I just smile and nod and say, "Yeah, it is."

Great photos of the crew today, and video of the wild bunch running in for breakfast. :)

Anonymous said...

Great video! They all look like they're enjoying the fall weather. Hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

MyLight's mom said...

MyLight looks great (as always) running to get her breakfast.

B-Rad is BACK...hooray.
Happy Belated Thanksgiving Jason and Melissa.

RuckusButt said...

Aww, B-Rad is back?! Without knowing any of the recent story, I'd say good on the owners for recognizing they made the right choice in the first place. It could be an interesting learning opportunity for us readers if you were ever inclinded/able to share.

I am thankful there is a business out there like yours, doing right by these horses. Happy thamksgiving!

RuckusButt said...

also, I can't get over the beautiful fence line!! That's some good work there.