Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Day in PIctures

It has been a pretty typical week around the farm so far. No lost (and found) phones, no new horses, no new pieces of equipment . . . just the usual stuff. I quite like it that way! We are still working away with shedding tools in hand. Several of the horses are completely done shedding at this point. Most of the horses are done on their necks, shoulders, hindquarters and along their toplines and just have the lower half of their sides and the bottom of their stomachs left to finish shedding.

Jason has also been working away at shedding out Mina and Jo, the fainting goats. He has mainly used the furminator on them. Mina is completely done shedding while Jo is just starting to really shed. The girls love their grooming sessions! They stand on their "castle" which is a small 40 gallon water trough turned upside down.

I have now used my DR Power Grader to drag my arena twice. I can hardly believe the arena has been done twice in the last week! It is so nice to just hook up the Power Grader to the Kubota and get the ring done without fooling around with tractors and unhooking other equipment, etc. The Power Grader does a great job on the arena and I am very happy with it for those who asked about it.

Since it is now just past midnight I am going to sign off and go to bed. All of these pictures were taken today (Tuesday).

Two gray geldings, Asterik and Sebastian
Two gray mares, Harmony and Buffy (one day I'm going to have a "which gray is that?" contest since we have so many of them here!)
Harmony
Bridget
O'Reilly
Clay scratching an itch
Chili, Lucky and Snappy
Henry and Trillion were having a grooming session
One freshly drug arena


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a nice arena - I'm jealous!

Java's Mom said...

Oh my, I love your DR arena dragger too! it's like a magic wand attached to the kubota. You're so nice to say "im happy with it" (not rubbing it in for the rest of us) when what I think you mean to say is "i have the best stinking ring this side of the mississippi and i get to make it look this good any time i want." :)

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Oh I love to see that green green grass! We don't have it yet! You are the second one I've seen today to have such a wonderful arena, you're very fortunate......some of us are not that lucky!

Dressager said...

Which gray is which? Wow, that's gotta get complicated sometimes. We have too many sorrels at our barn (thank goodness they're all in separate pastures!)

What a nice arena! Love it!

Amber said...

Love your photos! Especially the fist one of the greys!

ZionFarm said...

Well I see your new drag does a LOVELY job on your arena.:) What type of footing do you have in there?

Amber Mac said...

Your areana is absolutely beautiful! I'm just wondering, but how many horses do you usually have on the farm at a time, and how many stalls you have in your barn? Im just curious! lol!

Sport's Mom said...

Beautiful arena, Melissa. I'm jealous (I only have a round pen).

Amy Bennett said...

Wiping up the drool off my keyboard from your arena.....