Thursday, April 15, 2010

Routine

The last few days have been pretty routine. Over the last couple of weeks everyone had a bath and I have now crossed every horse off the list. I tend to be a bit obsessive-compulsive about things, and once I start a project I tend to just want to keep going at it until it is done. It was driving me crazy to not be able to cross every horse off the bathing list within a couple of days. And I probably could have done that if I had given in to my OCD tendencies. I'm trying to rein them in however so I don't burn myself out on things. So instead of bathing horses 24/7 for a couple of days until they were all done I made myself take some time. My latest obsession now is with clipping legs. The feathers that accumulated over the winter have to go!

Next week we'll be doing vaccinations, it looks like Wednesday afternoon is the day. The other project I need to start thinking about is gathering up all of the blankets from their various storage locations and getting them cleaned and repaired. This is a pretty big project since we have somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 sheets and blankets floating around the farm when I include all of the spares.

I got a very late start on this post as my Mom and I went to see the bluegrass group Cherryholmes at the Nashville Symphony tonight. They were fantastic but I am tired! I hope everyone has a great weekend!


Levendi, Oldenburg gelding and retired show hunter

Tony was half asleep when I took his picture but picked his head up when I approached, note the drooping lower lip. Tony is a Dutch Warmblood and retired show hunter.

Snappy and Slinky. Snappy evented through the 4 star level with famous New Zealand eventer Mark Todd. He was sold to a U.S. rider who crashed him at a cross country fence (rider error). Tendon surgery was required on both front legs and his eventing career was over at that point. He then became a winning show hunter before retiring. Slinky is a large pony who specialized in the pony equitation classes.

Lucky and Chili, both are Quarter Horses. Lucky is retired from the trails and Chili worked cattle and also hit the trails.

Lightening, Teddy, and O'Reilly. Lightening is an Arabian and retired trail partner. Teddy is a Quarter Horse retired from dressage. O'Reilly is an Irish bred gelding retired from the jumper ring.

Slinky

Cinnamon is a large pony and retired from the pony jumpers (in fact she was a national champion)

Norman is a medium pony and retired from the pony hunters; he was also broke to drive. He could get by in life just on his looks though.

Bella keeping an eye on things while taking a break in the shade


Cuff Links is a medium pony and retired from the pony hunters

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of pony pics - thanks! (Thanks as always for your helpful comments over at my place.)