Thursday, April 3, 2014

Progress

As I mentioned in my last post I have achieved an expert status in a few undesirable areas. (I should remind everyone that I have also achieved expert status in highly desirable areas as well such as telling Jason how to run his life.) Lately I have fallen off the wagon of my annual spring mane taming. I worked away steadily for a few weeks and then I just . . . quit. I tamed manes like crazy and got to the point of only having one pasture left. I was good to go on the first six pastures but before the seventh one the wheels fell off. I spent the last week achieving expert status at finding reason after reason not to finish the spring mane taming. 

I am happy to report that since I wrote my last post two days ago I have made progress. Since I am sure all of your care about my progress I will give you the exact number of manes I have tamed in the last 48 hours. 

Are you ready?

Is the suspense killing you?

And the number is . . . 

One. You read that correctly, I have worked on one mane. I am on such a hot streak now my momentum is almost unstoppable. 

But, but, but . . . I had lots of good reasons not to git'r done the last couple of days. We had a farrier here most of the day on Wednesday. I de-wormed everyone today. I've been busy! That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Tomorrow isn't looking so great for a mane day either, the forecast is calling for rain. Maybe between now and my next blog post I will have doubled the number of manes I have done in the last pasture and be all the way up to two. It isn't looking very likely but stranger things have happened.

Until next time . . . 
_________________________________

Noble and Bruno


Jason hanging out with Sparky and Timbit


Hemi and Thomas


Clayton and Oskar


Walon and Donovan


Gus


Trigger and Apollo realizing that breakfast was being fed and they weren't at the gate


Rip and Levendi looking quite grumpy that I interrupted their hay eating to take their picture


Silky and Lucky on a stroll

3 comments:

Jenny said...

One? That's it i'm coming down there with brushes and combs! LOL

EvenSong said...

Do you actually pull everybody's mane? Or just sort of untangle, thin and shorten? Scissors?

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

Thinking about manes being long enough to be really tangled makes me get all twitchy. We don't let'em get that long!