Sunday, December 20, 2009

Somehow we missed all of the exciting weather over the weekend. No snow for us, just rain. It did not even rain that much so I can't really complain. It was a pleasant weekend, nothing out of the ordinary, no emergencies, just happy horses thank goodness. I can't believe Christmas is just a few days away, and it is even more shocking to me that 2010 is just a couple of weeks away. Where does the time go????

I am pleased to say that I have finished all of my Christmas shopping this year. This has got to be some kind of world record for me! However I do have it easy in that we only exchange gifts with a very few people. I used to drive myself batty trying to find the perfect gift for everyone and anyone but I gave that up years ago and now find the holidays much more enjoyable. I don't think Jason has even started which is pretty much par for the course for him. He only has to worry about me so he has it pretty easy. I think horse people are pretty darn easy to buy gifts for, just open the Dover catalog and order something, and I guess spring for the overnight shipping!

I have however failed to send out Christmas cards for a second (or is it third??) year in a row. I love receiving them, decorating the house with them, seeing the pictures, reading the updates, really I like everything about the ritual of Christmas cards. I'm just not very good at reciprocating!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and has many great plans with friends and family in the next couple of weeks.

The big boys enjoying a romp through the pasture. Apollo and Dustin are in the back. L-R in the front Thomas, Trigger, Elfin, Levendi and Homer.

Elfin leading the way here followed by Trigger, Homer and Thomas.

Sky, Norman and Cinnamon

Ogie and Faune

Lightening, Chili and Snappy

Levendi, Homer, Elfin and Thomas


Dustin and Thomas

Dustin

Teddy, Snappy, and (part of) O'Reilly

Buffy and MyLight grazing while Lily walks over to join them


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did I miss Cinnamon? Who's Cinnamon?

ZionFarm said...

Great pictures as always. Don't feel too badly about the christmas cards, I just sent 2 out, counting yours!
December just flies by way to fast.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

Kate, Cinnamon is a pony jumper (retired obviously!) that I have never written an 'official' post on. I need to do that, she's been here a few months!